Getting Results for Our Clients
At Shuttleworth, Ruloff, Swain, Haddad & Morecock, P.C., our lawyers have a proven track record of getting results for our clients in Virginia Beach, Norfolk, and other courts in Hampton Roads and throughout Virginia.
The firm includes several of Virginia's most respected trial lawyers. Our attorneys have successfully prosecuted important and high-profile personal injury, medical malpractice, and wrongful death cases in Virginia. (Case results depend on a variety of factors unique to each case. These results do not guarantee a similar result in a future case.) Some of our representative cases include:
- $5.2 million for a child with a seizure disorder resulting from a DPT vaccination
- $6.3 million for the family of an infant who died of an aneurysm shortly after birth (which at the time set the record for a medical malpractice wrongful death verdict in Virginia)
- $9 million for three men burned in an SUV that had a defectively designed fuel tank that ignited when struck by a truck
- $12 million for a brain-damaged mother of three who was struck by a drunk driver
- $1.1 million for a man who suffered ischemic injury to the penis as a result of a priapism caused by a male enhancement product.
Because of the firm's reputation as personal injury, malpractice, and wrongful death trial lawyers, many of our clients come as referrals from other attorneys who trust us with cases that are complex or that need to be tried before a jury.
Our attorneys consult with our clients' treating physicians and other expert witnesses to prepare our cases for trial or to obtain the best-possible settlements. There is simply no substitute for our experience in prosecuting injury, malpractice, wrongful death, and similar cases.
In addition to personal injury and civil litigation, our attorneys have significant experience in criminal defense, business and estate law, and real estate law. We represent clients throughout Hampton Roads for traffic violations such as reckless driving, driving on a suspended operator's license, DUI, and also for a variety of misdemeanor and felony criminal charges. Our business and estate lawyers help and advise clients on the formation, purchase, and sale of business entities, and other aspects of corporate law, ranging from contract disputes to employment-based immigration. Our handling of real estate closings has made our firm locally recognizable to thousands of area homeowners who have visited our Virginia Beach office for their real estate closing. Learn more about our firm.
Read about our case results.
To discuss your case with a lawyer at Shuttleworth, Ruloff, Swain, Haddad & Morecock, P.C., call 757-671-6000 or fill out the contact form on this Web site or visit our office in Virginia Beach.